Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn in Logan


I'm a Bear Laker at heart, but I've got to admit Logan has it's beauties, which we already knew. We love the views of the Mountains, especially when they begin to show some snow and the leaves in this town have always made a big impression on me, even in my college days. The fall foliage is always so beautiful and in our situation, we don't even have to bother much with cleaning it up (an advantage of senior housing developments like ours here). We are making new friends, though we miss our old ones in Bear Lake. We see many of them at the temple, which we always enjoy. I am the ward mission leader and we are having a convert baptism on Saturday at 3:00. We've had more member support in the three weeks I've had the position, than we got in 30 months as a full time missionary in my real missionary days. I love to be involved and help the missionaries. It seems like I've got the best of both worlds, literally since retiring and moving to Logan. We are very grateful for all the experiences of life, past and present, and especially the the honor we have of counting all of you in our family circle.
We love you all and always will.

Love,

Grandpa and Grandma

4 comments:

Brian Owens said...

Oh, how I love Cache Valley! I am Megan's second cousin and when I saw the pic of Logan on her blog I just had to check it out. What an amazing picture--thanks for sharing! I will say that Bear Lake is beautiful too, my kids experienced the lake for the first time this summer and they are still talking about it!

Alison Daugs said...

Beautiful picture! Did you take this one?

meegz said...

Jen is from Cache Valley - Mendonites.:) It seems to be a place that becomes a big part of you.:) I sure do think it's beautiful up there too.

Glad you are enjoying and taking it all in.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Great photo of the valley.