Sunday, August 31, 2008

42 years on the way to eternity

We are either getting very sentimental or we have
entered what to some is called "the second childhood".
Who'd have ever thought, that we would have spent a half
hour taking pictures of ourselves? I guess when we stop
and think about it, now is as good as its going to get
in the picture taking department. At least, I don't see
myself getting any better looking with age from this point
on, not that I ever was made for a magazine cover, or
centerfold.




Iris, to me has become more beautiful with each passing day.
She is a beautiful person, as good as they get. I am fortunate
that that invisible hand Alison and I were talking about the
other day helped bring this country bumpkin and the belle
of Macon together. No, I don't think it was just a coincidence.
Now my challenge is to live worthy of her. Sometimes, I
think I come up way short. All the more reason to persevere
and try to be better.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

You both look very nice. I will need a copy of the one with the two of you together, you are getting better and better with age. I hope that I can age as well as you two have. Mom, you are so lucky to have a husband that loves you as much as dad does and Dad you are blessed to have found your southern bell.

Love you both