Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Iris!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Iris.



February 12 is my sweethaeart's birthday. How
well I remember the first time I saw her. She was
sitting on the right side of the chapel in the Twin
Falls Fourth Ward. It was my first Sunday in
town. I was just about to begin my teaching career
and little did I know that it would be one of the
most fortunate days of my life. I still consider it
a miracle that someone who was born in Georgia,
so far away, and I, a shy country kid would come
together under such unique circumstnaces. The
years since then have been much happier for me,
and I hope she is happy too. We have lived through
a lot since then. Not all of it was easy, but we have
grown closer and closer as the years have gone by.
Our family is the joy of our lives. Our love for one
another becomes stronger and more precious with
each passing day, as does our love for our growing
family. I feel so blessed to have Iris as my wife and
eternal companion. I could not have chosen a
better person to be the mother of my children.
My goal in life is to live in such a way that we will
be together forever.
I LOVE YOU, IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

I tried calling earlier- must have been temple night. I would like to take you to lunch tomorrow if you would be up for it. Thanks for being my mom. I know that it is hard to please all the different personalities in our family, but you have great patients and an incredible love for each of us. We all have been blessed to have been raised by such an unselfish and wonderful mother. I love you very much. Happy 30th birthday.

I'll call you tomorrow. Love, Alison

Philip said...

Happy Birthday Mom. You are the best mother I could ever have wished for. Thanks for showing me how to love unconditionally. You are the best. I will call you in the morning.

I hope you have a great day.
Philip

meegz said...

Happy Birthday Iris! Thanks for ALL you do for all of us. You are always trying to please each of us --what a chore:) -- i appreciate your concern. Our kids are lucky to call you grandma.

Hope you have a wonderful day -- stay warm!!!!:) Love you!

seborn said...

Happy B-Day Mom I'm so thankfull for such a wonderful mother, how old are you 50 I think:) well you look like 40.
I can't imagian how things would have been if you didn't come to be my mom I love you so very much, and are so greatfull for all the things you sacrificed for me and the rest of the eborn kids. I'm so proud to be part of your family and what a great job they did raising such a wonderfull girl with the values that one day helped so many others achieve what the lord had set for them.
Again I love you and and will give you your B-Day Hug the next time i see you. You are very lucky Dad to have found such a catch.

Love
Rupert

Alison Daugs said...

I know that you are not a doctor with your great "patients". Geee- I should really proof read my comments.

You have the greatest PATIENCE. Happy Birthday!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Hope you had a wonderful B-day! You are a great mom, wife, and grandma.

Bart said...

Actually, Alison, Mom does have her share of patients, as well as patience. You'd be surprised how many people rely on her for medical advice and besides she raised seven healthy and active kids.

Justin and Chalisa said...

Happy Birthday Iris!!!! We love you!!!