Friday, October 17, 2008

New Opportunity and Blessing



This photo was taken about 10 minutes ago after a
less than five minute walk up the hill. It is wonderful to
be so close.

We got our new telephone installed installed in Logan last
week. Iris called and told all the family our new number.
Then she called Alison and asked her to call back to see if
it was working in both directions. It did. The second call
on the new number was from President Jensen of the
Logan Temple Presidency. He requested an interview
with Iris and me for Wednesday the 16th at 1:00 PM. We
showed up on time and he asked us if we would accept a call
as officiators in the temple. No way we could turn it down.
We were set apart on the spot and our official training starts
on November 4th. We will be working the 3:00 PM sessions
until close two days a week on a monthly alternating schedule.
Tuesday/Wednesday for a month and then Thursday/ Friday
for a month. The call is for two years as a minimum. It will
be a challenge. I'm not great at memorizing and to top it of
I was asked to memorize the ordinaces in German as well.
He says it is needed occasionally. So here goes. I was also
called to be Ward Mission Leader last Sunday and will be
set apart this week, I think. One look at the ward roster
and I can see, I've got my work cut out for me. We are happy
to serve. Mom also has a calling in the Relief Society. It didn't
take long, even though we are new to the ward.
I think two weeks is the longest I've gone without a calling in
our married life. They have all been blessings to me and I think
indirectly to all of you as well. We pray we can do what is expected.
With the Lord's help we are sure we will.



3 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

That is great that you are getting into the swing of things. I am sure you will do great in your new callings.

Alison Daugs said...

Your callings will surely keep you busy. You will be blessed as always. Let us know if we can be of any help. We need the blessings too! Love you! Thanks for taking Avery and Addison on the Canoe ride. I heard Avery wasn't the best. I'm sorry. Thanks. I owe you!

Bart said...

Whoever told you Avery wasn't the best was somehow misinformed, maybe by himself. He was great. I had no problems whatsoever and am looking forward to our next adventure. Oh, and thanks for the delicious lunch. I sure to love those boys mother.