Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Planting Gardens

Planting the Garden

This morning I had the opportunity to plant a small garden.  I guess you just can't get get the farmer out of me.  For most of my life spring has always meant planting a garden and then caring for it for the next few months in hopes of  having a bounteous harvest of delicious garden produce.  I love the taste of that first batch of beet greens or a little later the tender young red potatoes that just can't be beat when cooked along with fresh garden peas and carrots.  Thanks to Alison and Ammon for allowing us to share their garden spot.  Since we moved to Logan our yard is so tiny that we really can't have a garden where we live, especially since I tend to fill up every spot I find with flowers of all shapes and colors.  We really do appreciate  them letting us grow some good garden produce at their place.  Alison and the kids even came out and helped me plant the seed etc.  I promise, we'll have a good old garden cookout before the summer is over.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

I'm glad that we have some space to share- even if the dirt is not ideal. It still seems to grow things each year. I am glad you live close enough that we get to see you as you keep the farmer in you alive. Love you to pieces!!!!1