Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Irises for Iris

You've all heard of Johnny Appleseed.  Well, in Logan there is a Johnny Iristuber.  On the hillside just below and along the the Boulevard here in Logan someone has decided to discard all of their excess Iris tubers.  They have been scattered along the hillside for several hundred yards.  It is obvious that there was no pattern to their planting.  They fell where they were dropped.  Some of them took root and over the years they have developed into a rather beautiful display, albeit for the short season that these flowers are in full bloom.  I have walked along this hillside many times and enjoyed the beauty.  Yesterday, as I did this, I was hit upon by an idea.  A bouquet of beautiful irises for my Iris.  This is the result.  They will continue to display their splendor in our front room window for a few days, but the memory of their beauty will endure as will my love of Iris and irises.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

mom is so lucky that you love her so much! Not many guys talk so highly of their spouses publicly. She is very lucky! Beautiful flowers!!!! I went looking for them when I took Ada out for pictures. I only saw a few scattered patches. I mighhave been looking in the wrong spot.