Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crimson Trail HIke

Yesterday I didn't have lot on my schedule so I decided to go exploring again.  This time I chose to go for a hike on the Crimson Trail on the south side of Logan Canyon.  The trail begins at the Spring Hollow Campground and after gaining about a thousand feet in elevation via the switchbacks at the beginning of the trail, the path then leads east along the edge of the China Wall for a couple of miles, then decends rather abuptly to the Logan River and then loops back to the starting point along the Logan River Trail.  Altogether it's about six miles.  I took my time and took in the beauties of nature both large and small.  The views were magnificent and I determined to come back again in the fall when the brilliant colors of that season adorn the canyon.  It will be breath taking. 



Of course, for me I find equal beauty in the small and simple things, such as this tiny flower, which would measure less than an eigth of an inch across.  Look carefully and see if you can see  anything in these photos that I didn't see at first until Iris pointed it out to me. And all the time I thought I was the observant one.




2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

I guess I should have gone hiking. I was worried that it would be too hot for you for an 11 miler. I should have known better. I went on a 7 mile bike ride up the Logan River Trail yesterday morning before it got hot. Hopefully we can hit the Juniper trail soon. Soory you went alone.

Love the pics of the flower. You are a great photographer. Love you!

Bart said...

Look at the green stem and you can
see a face with eyes, nose and its
tongue sticking out, funny!!!
Dad is a wonder in finding all the
beauties that God has given us.
Gotta love that man.

Love Iris