Saturday, May 22, 2010

Alyssa's Wedding


Yesterday, May 21, 2020 was our niece, Alyssa's, wedding day.  She was married in the Logan Temple to Ben Owen of Weston, Idaho.  They had met at Utah State where they are both students.  I must say they are a good looking and happy couple.  It was good to see all of Mark and Gail's family.  All of their children were in the Temple with Alyssa except for Dillon who has not yet recieved his endowment, but he was busy taking care of all of his nieces and nephews while they were in the Temple.  He, no doubt, had his hands full.
It was a beautiful ceremony and was performed by Jerry Nelson, a relative.  He is Grandpa Darrell's first cousin. We see them often in the Temple as they are temple workers.  He was the Stake President in the Paris Idaho Stake and also served as a mission president in Nigeria. It was his very first live sealing, but he did a wonderful job.  I couldn't help thinking what a great thing it was that all of Mark nd Gail's children could be there at the Temple with Alyssa on this special day.
It was also an opportunity for me and my siblings to get together as well.  We were all there except for Ellis, who is recovering from a stay in the hospital and some radiation treatments.  I love my family and I'm sure Dad and Mom were happily looking down on us. it was good to be together in the Temple of the Lord.

No comments: