Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why's a Duck?

My dad always had a funny little question, which he would say, when he meant:  What difference does it make.?  We've smiled at this over the years, but now I think I've finally got it figured out.  A few days a go I took Micah up to First Dam to feed the ducks and the geese there.  We took a couple of loaves of bread and gave the birds a real feast.  They were very hungry and eager to be fed.  It made Micah smile and laugh a lot. I decided that is the answer to:Why's a duck?  To make little kids happy, of course.  We had a good time together.

















Micah feeding the ducks/geese at First Dam on the Logan River.

Hungry geese anxiously awaiting a good meal at the had of Micah.

Another day Annika and Micah were at our house.  We told about JT serving his mission in Russia.  I played the video about the Siberian Road that is posted elsewhere on this blog.  There was a man singing  a song in Russian.  Micah listend and said:  "Oh, I can do that."



Micah is very quick at picking up a foreign language, don't you think?

3 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

funny! To bad JT didn't know Micah knew Russian before he left. he could have studied with him.

Alison Daugs said...

What a cute little character. Russia-bound!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

I love the photo of the ducks too, they look like they are listening to you talk or something.