Monday, January 17, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

Philip was born on a 40 below zero night in Montpelier, Idaho.  He still refers to Montpelier and Bear Lake as home and we are glad that he appreciates his roots.  Life has led him in to many places, each of which has been a good experience for him and those around him.  He served a mission in the Phillipines, and for a short time in Georgia.  He has travelled to Palau and the Northern Marianas and many other places across the USA and elsewhere.  Now he and his family have traded the beauties of the mountains of Utah and Idaho, where he has spent most of his life for the warmth of sunny Las Vegas.  We will miss him, but know this will be a great opportunity for him and his family.  Las Vegas will be a better place, because he and his family will let their light shine in such a way that many will see their good works and come to the real light, which at least some seek foolishly in the neon for which the city is most famous.  We hope that you will reflect on the cool quiet evenings in Bear Lake while you are in Las Vegas and that all will be well with you and your family while you are there.

From a little Mormon settlement in the Bear Lake Valley to a little Mormon settlement in southern Nevada.  Happy Trails, Philip and Family !!!!!

2 comments:

Philip said...

Thanks Dad. We are settling in real good. Our kids made friends at Church and my first day on the job has gone smothely. This is going to be a great experience for our family. Thanks for your support and love. I know that you have had us in your prayers and have felt of your love. We hope to see you soon.
Love Philip

meegz said...

Thanks so much. It means the world to know that you support us in our move. Today is my "crying day" I am struggling to know that our children are safe and loved at school. I know they will do great and I know it will all turn out well.... guess I need my transition time too.:)

As we walked home from the park last night I looked our over the millions of lights of this area(we are up on a hill) and realized that even though there are soooo many of them they are beautiful too.
I remember in Saskatchewan Canada I even learned to love the beauty of the plains(thought I'd never love them:))
We will always treasure the beauty of Idaho and Utah (and visit there in the summer lots:)) and we hope to find the beauty not only in the area but also in the people here. Like Philip said we have already met some great people -- it will be a great place to live.

PS -- check your email and send me an answer back asap.:)
Love you!