Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Autumn Scenes of Yesterday and Today

Yesterday  towards evening I decided to go take a walk up on the Stokes Nature Trail in Logan Canyon.  Just before heading into the Canyon I looked in the rear view mirror and was impressed.  I swung into to parking lot by the Forest Service Information Office and stood there in awe of what was happening before my very eyes.  The pictures below are just a small representation of what was transpiring over the Cache Valley and the Wellsville Mountains to the west.

Another view


Today we went over to Montpelier.  Iris had an appointment with the dentist and I just tagged along looking for something beautiful to take a picture of.  Actually, I had been a little disappointed in the fall colors this year, especially the maples.  They have not seemed to bea s vibrant in their color display as in some other years.  Until now the aspens have been a little reluctant in showing their splendor, but today I caught several spots showing all of their fall majesty.  Again the photos below are just a small representation of the wonders of Emigration Canyon, October 5, 2010.  For me it was well worth the ride.



Another View


No comments: