Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On the Wind Cave Trail

Today before we went to the temple to work, I decided I would seek to find a place that could be nearlly as spiritual to me.  I decided to head for Logan Canyon and a take a four mile hike up the mountain to the Wind Caves.  I had heard about them, but had never been there before.  The morning air was crisp and clear and the views were spectacular and the "caves" interesting.  The hike took me up the mountain side to a point about a thousand feet higher than the trailhead.  It was great exercise and very rejuvinating to body and soul.  I got home about 1;PM, ate a hearty meal, and spent the rest of the day in the Logan Temple arriving home tonight about 10 PM. It has been a wonderful day.  I am so thankful for good health, reasonably strong, legs, lungs and heart and eyes with which to see the magnificent world we live in, and to feel close to my maker.  I hope all of you had a wonderful day as well.  You are always on my mind.  I love my family.




3 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

You are inspiring. Beautiful- you and the photos.

meegz said...

I've never been up there either -- but they are a common Loganite trail. Glad you got the experience the beauty.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Sounds like a nice day!