Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where the Clear Streamlets Flow

An hour or two outside in the beauties of nature can do wonders for the soul.  On Monday, I thought I'd go up Logan Canyon and go fishing for a little while.  When I arrived and got out of the car I was so taken by the beauty and peacefulness of my surroundings I forget to take my fishing rod out of the trunk of the car and decided on a peaceful stroll along the river trail.  The temperature was in the low sixties, just perfect, the sky clear, and the river energized somewhat by recent rains flowed clear and free toward the valley below.  The fish were rising, even jumping right up out of the water, but what I got from these few hours was much more valuable than a fish, or even the thrill of catching  a big one.  A sweet communion with One much greater than I left me filled with awe, peace, and gratitude for the privilege of having been able to spend so much of my life in the Rockies.  The words of  this song coursed through my mind and raised me up to a better day.

Along the Logan River Trail
"O ye mountains high, where the clear blue sky
Arches over the vales of the free,
Where the pure breezes blow and the clear streamlets flow,
How I've longed to your bosom to flee...
Now my own mountain home, unto thee I have come;
All my fond hopes are centered in thee."

No comments: