Thursday, March 17, 2011

Miracles Unfolding Before Our Eyes

It seems these last several months that miracles have been taking place all around me.  I have long been aware of the miracles of nature that seem to become more evident in the springtime, but lately the miracles have been of a different nature.  I became keenly aware of this this morning as, our niece, Kristina, called and said she would like to drop off some of the temple ordinance cards she had picked up from me about a month ago.  It is always good to see her and to feel of her enthusiasm for Temple work.  She is a miracle in and of herself.  The picture below represents just some of the work she has done and has orchestrated over the past few weeks.  I will not take the time to count, but all of these cards are now complete and have had all their temple work done.  I know for sure that the vast majority of those people for whom this great vicarious work has now been performed are rejoicing in the Spirit world and now stand even more ready to serve as ministering angels to those of us who are willing to listen to them and seek out even more of our kindred who have gone before us and who now await the great day when these sacred and essential ordinances can be performed on their behalf.  It is wonderful for us to be able to see so much of unfold before our very eyes.  The work goes forward both here and on the other side of the veil, and the veil is indeed very thin sometimes.  I could go on for hours about the special spiritual experiences I have witnessed since I've become more involved in this great work.
Most days I spend a goodly portion of my time sitting at the computer, pouring through books, and searching the Internet for information regarding our extended family.  It is so rewarding that I have even caught myself doing it at two or three o'clock in the morning.  Some might think I've gone nuts.  You be you own judge, I don't really care.  Maybe more than at any other time in my life, I feel that the work in which we are involved is important, indeed essential.  I remember one of our stake presidents, President Hammond, when we were in Montpelier telling us we should measure all that we do in light of this question: "What does it really matter in the eternal scheme of things?"  I'm sure if we would do that, we would be a happier people and the world would be a better place, not to speak of the effect on the eternal world.  There is a time and a season appointed to all things, a time to plant and a time to bring in the sheaves.  I am grateful to have realized this so that my days of retirementt at least  can be more productively used.

3 comments:

meegz said...

I am glad you have found something of eternal purpose to focus your time on.

I can only imagine the joy it can bring when you receive a feeling that what you are doing is being welcomed and accepted on the other side of the veil.

Don't forget about us mortals while you're at it -- we are proud to call you Dad.:)

meegz said...

...and grandpa Bart.:)

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Agreed,we are happy you and Iris are enjoying this time of your life.