Saturday, August 28, 2010

With Ryan Fly Fishing

Ryan called this afternoon  and wanted me to go with him fly fishing up on the Logan River.  I went and spent some good time with my youngest.  He enjoys nature like his father but is a much better fisherman.  I was more or less the official photographer.  We had a good time together. I hope to do it again many times.
From the above photo you can see that Ryan is just as intense when fly fishing as he is with most other things.

First cast was a strike and Ryan landed a small brown trout.  Beautiful fish this time of year.

Fishing in the mountains can be very relaxing even for one as intense as Ryan is.  Maybe fly fishing was made for just such people.  Someone once told me that for every day you spend fishing in your life your life is extended an extra week.  Maybe we had all ought to spend a little more time out on a stream with a rod in our hand.  Just a thought.

3 comments:

meegz said...

glad you had a good time with your boy!:)

Sam and Ryan said...

Thanks for going fishing with me today Dad. Hope I wasn't too "intense" for you. Next time you will have to bring your rod and show me how its done.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Looks like a great day with Ryan.