Friday, August 20, 2010

Whose House This Is, I Think I Know......



    One of my favorite poems is Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.  I always loved his special gift with words.  Today, as I went to the Logan Temple to do some work for our kindred dead and also to help others in a like cause, his words, with just a slight modification, entered my mind.  I was impressed by the beauty of that sacred edifice, built at so great a sacrifice and with so much pure love, I was reminded of the word's of Frost's poem with just a little twist of great and earth-changing significance to me and to all who enter it in the right spirit and frame of mind.  I love the Logan Temple and all of the dedicated temples of the Church, but especially the Logan Temple, because this is where I was sealed to my eternal companion and where sacred covenants were made between us and the Lord, which, if we do our part, seal my loved ones and us in the eternities.  In my view, there is no greater blessing than to be with the ones I love in all of eternity.  I am so grateful to live close to this sacred edifice, and to be able to enter it as often as I do, and to worship, to learn, and to serve there.  Words fail me in expressing my love for all of you, and also the holy Temple where our family was sealed together, based on our faithfulness, for time and all eternity.

     Below are just a few of the pictures I have taken of the Logan Temple since we moved to Logan nearly two years ago.



 



"How Beautiful Thy Temples Lord, Each One a Sacred Shrine...."


No comments: