Monday, February 22, 2010

Green Air Days in Cache Valley

This winter we have had our share of days when the air was rather smoggy or at least hazy, but they are not all that way.  Today it was cold, but the air was fresh and clear and with the Winter Olympics going on, I developed a need to get outside and go cross country skiing.  Id did't do it at all last year and am a little out of shape.  Iris didn't want me to go up into the mountains alone, so I went over to the Cutler Marsh Area.  The plan was to go skiing on the frozen marsh, but for the most part it wasn't frozen over so I mostly skied along the edge near the open water.  It was a beautiful day and I worked up a good sweat.  I only went about four miles, but it did me good and I never cease to be amazed at the beauties of the earth in all of the seasons.  I'm planning another outing or two  before the winter season is past.  I did miss River, who has accompanied me on every other cross country expedition, day or night, for the past twelve plus years.  I guess I'm just a sentimental old man. I also saw two big bull elk, but they were a little to far away for me to get a good picture.  When I tried to get closer, they saw me coming and took off.  Needless to say I couldn't keep up with them.  Here a couple of views, one looking west and the other looking east.


Looking west toward the Wellsvilles
      Looking east toward the Bear River Range

3 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

Looks beautiful!

Bart said...

Yes, it is. kind of like looking out your back window. There is beauty all around!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Beautiful day in Cache Valley!