Sunday, December 13, 2009

And the Winner is

I'm not the kind that goes around entering every contest I can find, but WorldMark Resorts, which we are a part of, sponsors a photograph and essay contest each year.  I have taken about twentyfivethousand pictures since I got my first digital camera, most of which were just memory keepers and certainly nothing to take special note of, but out of the twentyfivethousand I have thought to myself, maybe a half a dozen or so were actually good enough to submit to some sort of photo contest.  I picked one I took  of Jason flyfishing in the Wind Rivers last summer and sent it in just for the heck of it.  Low and behold our WorldMark Destinations Magazine shows up in the mailbox the other day with my picture on the front cover.  I had won first prize and with it 10,000 World Mark Credits.  That's about a weeks vaction in any of their 60 plus resorts.  We'll take it.  I guess it never hurts to try.  I must be a pretty good judge of pictures or I wouldn't have been able to pick that one out of the thousands.  Maybe it was just because Jason's backside was showing.  He really is that awesome.


4 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

How cool is that. I always thought you had a great eye when it comes to taking pictures. It really is a good one. I am glad you entered and I am glad you get to have the vacation hours. Make sure "you" use them! :)

Love ya!

meegz said...

Enjoy those credits!!! We were sure proud to claim we "knew you" to the Midway people while we were there!:)

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

That is a great photo! Way to go... I agree, Jason has a pretty fantastic back-side ;)

hmm, I don't see any mosquitos flying around in that photo.

It was a great trip. Glad we got to do it with you.

Rene

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

he captured my best side, thats for sure