Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Time

As most of you are aware, the Logan Temple has been closed now for a couple of weeks.  We decided not to go anywhere this year during the break while they are installing new carpet and making a few other needed repairs at the Temple.  I think our decision was based mostly on our arthritic bones and the lack of desire to spend a lot of time in a car traveling around. We did make it down to Temple Square in Salt Lake City and also took in a play at the Capitol Theater there, which we truly enjoyed even though we didn't get home until after one o'clock in the morning.  That's not good for a couple of senior citizens,  but we do have the luxury of having each other and being able to sleep in if we need to, which we did the next morning. Otherwise we have stayed pretty much at home in our nice warm house and tried to stay busy.  I keep myself relatively busy reading or working on family history, however the other day Iris washed all of our Temple clothing and/or took them to the dry cleaners.  My job was to polish our shoes.  I never in my life anticipated a time when I would be polishing white shoes to go to work, but that's what we do these days.  A little break certainly has not hurt us, but both of us are ready to get back to our duties at the Temple when it reopens on the 24th of January.  It is such a wonderful place to work and to know that we are doing what we can to help others.  And besides that, it seems we see more of our friends there than about anywhere else.  We love seeing family and friends at the Temple.  And to top it off our aches and pains seem less problematic when we are there for some reason.  We are blessed beyond measure!!!

 

2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

I'm sure you will be happy to get back in to your routine.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

That is what I want! Real White Shoes I always lose the slippers.