Wednesday, August 3, 2011

All The World's a Garden Sweet

As most of you know I have long been a "flower child".  I guess, I just love the beauties of the earth and am so grateful to play a very small part in making the world beautiful.  It all stems back to the time when I would bring my mother bouquets of alfalfa blossoms and she would decorate my birthday cake with green frosting and dandelions in place of candles.  I loved it then and I still love flowers, especially the one (Iris) I  sleep with every night.  Since moving here to Logan I've kind of become the unofficial keeper of the flower beds in the neighborhood.  They are turning out really good this year, I think.  Below are just a representative few of the scenes surrounding our humble little cottage.  It is a joy for me to work with them and then to see the results of our labors, symbolically with the flowers, but also with the other things I try to do and have done over the years.
















2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

Beautiful as always!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

You need to come tend my flowers. The heat seemed to kill them or my lack of attention. You always have been so good at taking care of flowers and people. :)

Love you,
Rene