Friday, July 23, 2010

Hiking with Grandpa

Today I played grandpa.  Justin's boys have been wanting me to take them on a hike.  I figured today was as good as any so I called them up to see if they'd like to go today.  Of course they did and so did Kate.  Justin didn't have to work today so he came along too.  We didn't do anything really exotic, but we did enjoy a nice hike together on the Stokes Nature Trail along the Logan River.  The weather was perfect and we just took our time and enjoyed the fresh air, the natural beauty, and each other.  Grandma met us at the Canyon Entrance park by First Dam with lunch at the end of our hike.  We had a good time being together.
Here is Ethan playing King of the Hill on top of a big boulder.

Here is Hayden using sections of snake grass for claws.  Cute kid, eh.
Kate went along too.  She enjoyed most of the walk, but she got a little tired toward the end.  Not bad for a four year old though.

I challenged Ethan to climb up onto a small cliff.  With Justin's help he made it with no problems.  Here they are perched on the top.

I enjoyed being with them and am glad that they wanted to go with their Grandpa Bart and that I live close enough so that we can do this sort of thing occasionally.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Cute kids and they have the best grandparents.