Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday in Montpelier

We spent Monday in Montpelier, or at least a part of the day.  We still go over there to Dr. Hammond, our dentist, as we haven't found anyone over here in Logan that we like as much.  Of course, we haven't really tried either.  Dr. Hammond has been very good to us and is such a good dentist and a great man as well.  I can honestly say we look forward to going to the dentist.  That is not something that is common.  While I was in the chair one of my old students came in for a minute and I asked her to take a picture of Dr. Hammond working on my teeth.


I am so greatful for teeth.  Who knows how much longer I'll have them all.  I'm getting a little "long in the tooth" as the saying goes.


Of course a visit to Montpelier wouldn't be complete without Iris and  Bonnie getting together.  They have been like sisters for many years.  We took her out to lunch at the Ranchhand.

While we were out at the Ranchhand I took a picture of a picture of Montpelier Washington Street from 1957.  Maybe the Happy Days of the 1950's really were a sort of Golden Age.  Things have changed, some for the better and some for the worse.  I suppose that's pretty much the way it is most everywhere.  You gotta love all those old jet fighter plane inspired car models of the 1950s.

2 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Wow- that is amazing to see all those cars and the business in the 1957. Some days I think it would have been fun to be in the Happy Day Era.

Glad you still have your teeth! I am a tooth freak myself.

Alison Daugs said...

sometimes I wished we lived in simplier times like in the photo. I guess many things are simplier now. It is just much faster paced.