Friday, September 4, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

We decided to take a little vacation trip to Yellowstone Park this past week.  Of course we have been there before, but it never ceases to amaze me who beautiful and powerful this earth really is.  I think I could spend months in the Park and never see all there is to see or do all the things I'd like to do.  We didn't have to rough it at all as we stayed at Worldmark West Yellowstone, which was a wonderful facility located right at the entrance of the Park.

We stayed the first night with Brenda and Dean in St. Anthony.  It was good to see them and we enjoyed our visit.  They suggested that we take the Scenic Byway on the way to West Yellowstone, which we did.
The picture above is of Iris at Mesa Falls on the Henry's Fork of the Snake River.

As we drove through Island Park and Yellowstone and saw the beautiful rivers and lakes, I found myself making mental plans for another trip, with the only agenda being fly fishing.  I wonder if I could talk anyone into going with me.

While we were in Yellowstone I was able to get "high" with my Sweetheart.  Really high.  Of course being with her is always a high for me.





We traveled in our vintage "Pimpmobile".  It beat the heck out of a covered wagon.



Here is my Georgia Peach coming down the stairway at Worldmark West Yellowstone.


A trip to Yellowstone would not be complete without a stop at Old Faithful. 

The hot pots and geysers seemed to be especially colorful this time around


The Artist  here certainly knew what He was doing.  Just amazingly beautiful.

The same artist created the love of my life.  I am so greatful.


I wonder how many hungry trout are  lurking in these waters.

We didn't camp here, but I had fond memories of staying here with some of the grandkids a couple of years ago.  Last time I took a picture of Maddie B by this sign.  This time I made Iris pose.  Can you remember the marshallows stuck to your smiling face at our camp here, Maddie?


Here I am at the overlook of Upper Mesa Falls.



A little man made intrusion into the beauties of nature, but can you imagine a more beautiful setting for a boat ride.  This picture shows the Marina at Colter Bay on Jackson Lake and Mount Moran in the background.

2 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Looks like you had a great trip!
You got some seriously awesome pictures...I like the close-up one of Iris, that is a keeper for sure.

Bart, will you burn me a cd of the Wind River pictures you took? I can't find my family one where we all had our packs on...but, I am sure you have one similiar.

We love your the pictures you share/take ...

How nice you got to spend time with Brenda/Dean.

See you soon!
Love,
Rene

Alison Daugs said...

Yellowstone will always be an amazing sight each time you see it. I am glad you had a good time and you were safe.